Despite your best efforts – make-up, facials, lotions, masks, etc. – the appearance and condition of your skin can often betray your age. As you get older, your skin develops wrinkles and creases. Frown lines, eye creases, sagging skin, wrinkles are all an inevitable byproduct of aging. The timing may vary, but, unfortunately, the result is inescapable. However, Father Time isn’t the only culprit. The lack of skin care, or improper skin care techniques, may also play a significant role in making you look older. Good skin care is, therefore, an essential part of any strategy designed to keep your skin looking youthful and radiant. Such a strategy does not have to be time consuming. Simple, everyday tips can help you keep your skin healthy.
- Avoid the excessive use of beauty products. Remember, nothing beats the glow that emanates from naturally healthy skin. Keep your use of makeup to a minimum and wipe it off at the end of the day so that your skin can breathe.
- Eat healthy foods, especially fresh fruits and vegetables, to provide your skin with all the essential elements needed to maintain its integrity and health.
- Drink plenty of water to keep your skin properly hydrated. Dehydrated skin will make you look older in a hurry.
- Use a gentle soap to wash your face. Never ignore the neck and feet during daily washing routine – the area of the neck and upper chest, known as the décolletage, can be a dead giveaway of your age. Also, clean your face immediately after exposure to extreme heat, dust and environmental pollutants to avoid clogging the pores in order to prevent acne formation.
- Scrub your skin thoroughly two to three times a week to remove accumulated dirt and cellular debris.
The skin is the largest organ in the body, so it’s no surprise that a good skin care regimen is also important for the overall maintenance of a person’s health. Intact skin is the first line of defense against environmental pathogens such as bacteria and viruses. Proper skin care also helps in regulating temperature and the excretion of toxins via sweat, thereby purging the body of harmful substances. Healthy skin is, therefore, important not only for external beauty but also for good general health. We at Rejuvenate can help you design a skin care regimen that is right for you so that you can look and feel your best.