At Home Juvederm Filler Treatment
As we age, the connective tissue beneath the surface of the skin loses volume. This results in the development of lines and wrinkles that give away our age. Thinning of the lips is also an obvious sign of aging. Fortunately, there’s a way to turn back the clock using a dermal filler called Juvederm.
Juvederm Related Questions
Juvederm is made of hyaluronic acid, a natural component of the skin. When injected beneath the surface of the skin, it fills and softens wrinkles, folds, and depressions caused by aging. In essence, Juvederm restores the volume that your skin had five or ten years earlier and will make your skin look fresh and elastic without looking “fake” or “done.” It also promotes hydration of the skin, which helps with volume restoration. In addition, there’s evidence that the use of fillers can stimulate the natural production of collagen and connective tissue in the skin, resulting in long lasting improvements in skin health and elasticity. We pride ourselves in giving you a natural, refreshed, and rejuvenated look that will take years off of your appearance without looking “fake” or “done.”
We use Juvederm Ultra Plus XC because it is smooth and contains the local anesthetic lidocaine, which makes the injections relatively comfortable and pain-free.
Juvederm is most often used in the following areas:
- Nasolabial folds — the folds that run between the nostrils and corners of the mouth that make people look especially aged and tired
- Tear troughs – the area underneath and around the eyes that can make people look exhausted and prematurely aged
- Marionette lines, which run downward from the corners of the mouth
- Depressions or hollows around the corners of the mouth
Deep lines between the bottom lip and the chin
- Lips — Juvederm is also used in the lips to restore their natural volume, body, beauty, softness, and sensuality. Our philospy is “less is more,” meaning that we use just enough filler to restore the volume that has been lost over time, without making them look abnormal, unnatural, or “fish lipped.”
Juvederm is also used in the lips to restore their natural volume, body, beauty, softness, and sensuality. Our philosophy is “less is more,” meaning that we use just enough filler to restore the volume that has been lost over time, without making them look abnormal, unnatural, or “fish lipped.”
You will begin to see the results of Juvederm almost immediately. A single treatment usually lasts between 12-18 months. There is minimal downtime. We recommend that patients refrain from using aspirin or anti-inflammatory medications the week before treatment. We also suggest that patients not exercise until the day after treatment in order to decrease the chance of bruising.